Sunday, August 26, 2007

extraction

I'll have a tooth pulled on Tuesday. It has been up and down with the pain, but for my financial, as well as my physical health, I will have it pulled. I can't think root canals, caps, implants. I have to think extractions and, perhaps, eventually false teeth. It is a race for Heaven. I need a million dollar heart, not necessarily a million dollar smile. I need to eat spiritual food. I have to dig deeper and deeper spiritually and mentally. I don't want to live with the flaws and imperfections that I have accepted in myself. I want to open myself up, more and more, to God's Love, so that I can show more charity and be an instrument of God's Grace. This is the effort which I must make now.

Lord Help me. It is hard for me to die to myself. I want to keep these things which keep me away from God because they are 'part of me', but I can open up and get rid of these shadows. I will be happier and more useful to God. I want to push to become a more useful instrument in God's Hands. I need to get my teeth into God's Food for His Love.

No comments: