Monday, July 23, 2007

One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic

It is hard to get people from Faith in Christ to the Catholic Church, but God can do that. We can only plant a seed. Last night Van, a self proclaimed Christian in his own rite, claimed to believe in the Word of God. I proceeded to say that if that were the case then he would believe in the Church because Christ established the Church and this is clearly written about in the Gospel. He was not convinced. He talked of the faults and falls of Man and I answered with the Divine and the human elements of the Church: the Divine always True, the human always in need of reform, but, still, the miracle that the Church was still around, despite Man. Butting heads doesn't lead to conversion, for the most part, but trying to lead with reason does, though usually what seems like reason from my perspective looks like self righteousness from the non Catholic's perspective. Still, it is worth the energy for the clarity and for the other soul, as well as my soul.

I am not sure where I would send a man interested in the Catholic Church at this point. I sit in the Tridentine Mass and reflect and absorb. I am getting a prayer life, again. I was told from the pulp Sunday to read Scripture. I will. I have the Rosary. I have the Mass, again. It seems like a new day, though I am well aware that the winds can change in a harsh manner. I know that Faith is beyond consolation. I know that Hope is always present and I am learning more and more about Charity each day.

No comments: