Wednesday, July 25, 2007

prayer

I am beginning to enjoy prayer. I have been saying five decade novenas of the Rosary. I had a false start when I omitted a day, so I began again. Now I am wrapping up my second novena. I am looking forward to my prayer time. I do need prayer. I will begin to read Scripture, too. Little baby steps are my way.

St. Augustine: 'the greatest sin of man is that he enjoys the things he should use and uses the things he should enjoy.'

I hope to get my using and enjoying entirely right this time. Missteps can be overcome and, with God's Grace, will be. Eutreya!!!(forward with courage- a cry associated with El Camino de Compostela de Santiago, a pilgrims' route to the Church of St James across Northern
Spain though, I am told, not used much on that pilgrimage in present day. Still a great rallying cry- 'Forward with courage!"-EUTREYA!!!)

No comments: